Saturday, December 3, 2022

Another Potpourri

 

IMDB

I haven’t written one of these in a while.  The last was January 29 of this year.

Why Potpourris?  Well, there are two reasons.  The first is that I have a lot of thought rumbling around in my head with none of them worthy of a full post.  This may sound odd as I often get chided for writing about any old thing that comes to mind.  Actually, I get chided from writing about any old nothing that comes to mind.  I have often referred to these posts in a nod toward the Seinfeld sitcom as a “Blog About Nothing” which it sometimes is.  The second reason is somewhat related but much more practical. The case here is that I feel compelled to post something and I just don’t have a topic.    

This was clearly the case in January.  My objective then was to post something every day in January, which I was able to do.  Clearly, by the 29th day, the well of ideas was dry and a Potpourri was definitely in order. Because of that great start in January, I find myself with 85 posts for the year so far.  The most I have ever done for a year was 92 in 2018 which followed my worst year of a dismal 8 posts in 2017.  I have a chance to surpass that 92 mark this year and hit the century mark which has been a goal since 2018.  Sitting at 85, 86 after I post this one, it seems quite doable.

So, why not start with a Potpourri?

I am in Detroit.  I am here to play at the St. Sarkis Armenian Church Bazaar this evening.  Beyond the enjoyment of performing this evening is the chance to visit the family here.  I am staying at my mother’s and the bonus of that is my Aunt Suzie is vising from Reno.  It is always good to see her. 

We just watched the US lose to the Netherlands in the Round of 16 in the FIFA World Cup.  The Dutch jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first half.  The US scored a goal at the 76 minute mark of the second half and was psyched to tie the game.  The Dutch scored a back beaker 4 minutes later.  Despite a furious effort by the US, the game ended with the Netherlands winning 3-1.

Tonight, is the Big Ten Football Championship.  Michigan will be facing Purdue in this game.  The game is on at 7:30 pm.  Because of the gig this evening, I cannot watch the game.  As much as I love Michigan Football, music has always taken a priority.  I will watch it tomorrow, but it won’t quite be the same as I will already know the score.  If we lose, I probably won’t watch the recording. 

Might Michigan lose?  Of course they could, but they shouldn’t.  We are favored by 16.5 points.  I worry that we are overlooking Purdue who is 6-3 in the conference and 8-4 overall.  By we, I am referring to the fans.   Reading the social media posts, the fans have clearly think that trouncing Purdue is a done deal and are more concerned who we will be playing in the National Championship first round.  I believe and hope the coaches and players are more workmen like attitude of taking one game at a time.  Go Blue.  Beat Purdue.

1 comment:

  1. And Big Blue did indeed win, thus, a Sunday evening of MI football is the plan! Onto the Rose Bowl???

    ReplyDelete