Thursday, April 12, 2018

The Astrological Something or Other

www.astrology.ca 
     About a month ago, I read or heard about an astrological phase we were entering. It seemed that some planet or moon that was in retrograde. Maybe it was that some planet, star, or moon was in conjunction with some other planet, star, or moon. Things were aligned or misaligned. It seemed rare. And, according to the report, it was to have an effect on all of us. We were all entering a period of increased chaos and lower productivity. If memory serves me correctly, it was supposed to last until the middle of April or the beginning of May.
     This, of course, is all from memory. As I didn’t think it was all that important, I did not save the article, capture the link, or pay attention to what radio station I might have been listening to. The reason is simple. I am not an astrological fellow. I pay attention now and then with some amusement, but do not take it seriously. While I say this, I do have respect and interest for the lunar cycle and the ebb and flow of the oceans and am open to how these forces impact our lives and emotion. Oh, the dichotomies.
     I really wish, at this writing, that I had saved the source of the story so I could properly name and refer to whatever it was that was happening in the heavens. It seems it is all, picture me typing this sheepishly, true.
     Since then, everyone has seemed out of sorts. People are touchy and edgy bordering on what we simply used to call: nuts. Also, enough people around me complained about being unproductive and lethargic to make me notice. I include myself in all this. I feel like with every task I do that I am slogging through mud. My productivity is suspect on good days, but these past few weeks? Oh my, things have been slow to get started and overly tedious and slower in the doing. Touchy and edgy? This too. I find that I am less patient with everyone and everyone I interact with is also more touchy and edgy with me.
     Things seem to be getting better, however, in the past few days. So, hopefully, whatever it was has moved on. Thanks for that, because my backlog of half-started, nowhere near starting, and uncompleted tasks has turned not into a mountain but more of a mountain range.
     Here is the big question. Was this real? I do believe what I have reported as happening to me, did happen. Was it due to that astrological thing? I am not sure. Maybe yes. Maybe, it was the placebo effect of that news item?  Maybe, I have just been overtired. I have no way of judging that. Sure, some folks with read this and reach out to tell me it is all imagined and in my head.  Others, will explain it all with some astrological psycho-babble that will turn me off just by the way they explain it.
     All I know is that my productivity does ebb and flow. It is not cyclic enough for me to notice or predict, but it does happen. Why it happens and what I can do about it? Ah… I would love to know.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Mark..
    Yes indeed.. Truth, in fact..
    I see all of us sticken with anxiety & negativity & aggression & ignorance & arrogance..
    Acting out too much hurt..
    As always but amped up of late..
    Too hot & too desperate & too sad..
    As you well know
    I have marvelous miracle people in my life..
    1 ABOVE ALL..
    Close to me as never before..
    When you figure this out kindly send me a Telex..
    As we roll up to April 24..
    B L E S S I N G S

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you would like some further information regarding the Mercury Retrograde you can consult either one of your sisters as we’ve been reading about these transits and for over 20 yrs. They’re not a joke.

    ReplyDelete