Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Blog Post done Using Voice Recognition

I'm attempting to write my first voice dictated blog. I am talking into my iPhone because when I tried to use my iPad voice dictation capability was not available.
The only keys that I will use are the return key and the  Space key. I am dictating each sentence one at a time.  If I make a mistake I will leave the sentence as it is entered by the dictation or rather voice recognition and then we record it again.
I am kind of excited to do this.  I was excited when voice recognition was first available I want to Julio cell phones.  What I was trying to say was that I was excited when the voice recognition was first available on the earliest cell phone I had.  I tried to use force recognition as often as possible to send texts Knowing early on that it would be a good feature to text hands-free.  Voice recognition is really not that good back.  Most of my text came through like they were written or dictated in Klingon.
This is kind of a big move for me.  I am beginning the 11th year of writing my monthly letter and my fifth year of blogging.  -based hand write everything first.  What I meant to say was that I used to handwrite everything first.  Then, I would type what I had handwritten and as it.  Now I type everything and simply edit it.
When dictating a text message or in this case a blog, It is really important to enunciate every word clearly into speak in this even keeled a monotone voice as possible.  voice recognition does not do well when I trust crew off at the end of the sentence as I often do when I'm speaking with people.  LOL what I meant to say was a voice recognition does not capture everything when I trail off at the end of a sentence.  Voice recognition also does not get any vocal variation or Nuance.
Praying hand writing is certainly something I am used Two.  Dictation is an entirely different mental process.  I am sure overtime I could get used to it.  But I have to tell you right now it's a different experience. I think I am purposely speaking in shorter sentences and then seeing what I wrote.  It seems to be going faster than either handwriting or typing.  I suppose that makes sense.
I will not edited.  I meant to say that I will not edit it, This dictation.  I want to show all the little typos and missed phrasings and wrong words.  I thought there would be a lot more miss phrasings and misinterpretations but I am surprisingly speaking very clearly and carefully.  The's making for one of the more boring blog best I have ever posted.  I meant to say thus.
This was a fun experiment.  I am not sure I will do it on an ongoing basis.  One thing however certain.  If I ever do this again, I will then go back and edit the text using the keyboard.  This time I was just having a bit of fun.
Talking about blogging about nothing, Arathi Pugin will have a field day with this one.  Clearly voice recognition does not do well with Armenian names.

No comments:

Post a Comment